Can I use OMNI-STAT & Celox on the Head or Neck?
OMNI-STAT & Celox can be used externally on the head and neck. Refer to your clinical guidelines and or training, for example: Treatment of injuries in these areas needs to consider the airway and major blood vessels that supply the brain and the risk of applying pressure to the brain and nervous tissue in the event of a fracture. OMNI-STAT & Celox are not approved for use inside of the mouth or on eyes.
- In Vivo and In Vitro Data on File at Omni-stat Medical Inc
- Millner R, Lockhart AS, Marr R. Chitosan arrests bleeding in major hepatic injuries with clotting dysfunction: an in vivo experimental study in a model of hepatic injury in the presence of moderate systemic heparinisation.
- Data on file at Omni-stat Medical Inc. Laboratory testing has shown the product to be effective in blood temperatures down to 56°F (13°C).
- Johnson L, Luksch P, Ranfield J, Hardy C. The laboratory assessment of a new hemostat able to clot blood containing anticoagulants. Presented at the 21st Annual Symposium on Advanced Wound Care and the Wound Healing Society, San Diego, 2008.
- Snyder RJ, Sigal BD. The importance of hemostasis in chronic wound care: an open-label controlled clinical study of OMNI-STAT (chitosan) versus standard of care in post-debridement treatment of patients with chronic wounds with or without concomitant use of anticoagulants.
- OMNI-STAT & CELOX (product packaging).
- Rall JM, et al. Comparison of novel hemostatic gauzes with QuikClot Combat Gauze in a standardized swine model of uncontrolled hemorrhage. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 75(2) suppl 2 150-156 (2013)
- Clay JG, et al. Comparative testing of new hemostatic agents in a swine model of extremity arterial and venous haemorrhage. Military Medicine 2010; 175(4):280
- Kheirabadi BS, et al. Comparison of new hemostatic granules / powders with currently deployed hemostatic Products in a lethal model of extremity arterial haemorrhage in swine. J Trauma 2009:66(2):316-26
- MT-18-240 Omni-stat Clinical and Scientific Product Monograph Dec 2018
- MT-20-310 Allergenicity Potential of Celox – Omni-Stat Hemostatic Devices Position Statement